Places that will provide FREE ADVERTISING for your PPF Inc. events and business that will provide additional assistance:
Remember: You Should always email your ad to PPF Inc. for a quick tweaking before submitting and to have them place on the PPF Inc. website.
1) Cleaning for a Reason – www.cleaningforareason.org
If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning – once per month for 4 months while she is in treatment. All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. It’s our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along. www.cleaningforareason.org You may not know someone going through chemo, but someone on your email list might. Please forward!
2) www.frederick.com: Online ads. Click on “Free Community Classifieds” on the left-side menu. The next page will show, in the left column, in a “box”, the category of “Post a Yard Sale”. Click, then follow the directions from there.
3) www.MonocacyValley.com: Go to website. Click on “Monocacy Valley Trading Post” logo. View the paper on-line if you’re not familiar w/it (Click on “Notes” on homepage so see how the Community Events are set up). I’m betting you receive it once a week; direct mail newspaper.
4) Process = When you have your ad(s) ready re: when, where, etc., send an e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Put “Community Events” in the Subject line. Include in the text of your ad, “Place ad in all 3 newspapers” & be sure to start your text with: “The Patty Pollatos Fund presents a Yard Sale to benefit Recipient Name. . . ” Check the Issue dates for publication because the date(s) of your fundraisers are not finalized; when final, the ads run for 2 issues.
5) www.CraigsList.org. Online ads. Go to the website; on the Home page, select “Maryland”; next page, select, “Western Maryland”. On the Main Page, you will select “Community” & “Events” when you say, “Post an Ad”. You’ll be required to register, but it’s free & does not request much info. It’s actually a 501(c)(3) site. (You could register your business at this point for future).
6) Brenna Steinberg, DPM, FACFAS, Frederick Foot & Ankle Specialists: 75 Thomas Johnson Drive Suite I, Frederick, MD 21702. Phone 301-668-9707. www.mynewfeet.com You may request an appointment by emailing DrSteinberg@mynewfeet.com or call the office at 301-668-9707 and say that you were referred by the Patty Pollatos Fund, Inc..
7) Dept of Human Resources Burial Assistance: http://dhr.maryland.gov/fiaprograms/burial.php
The Burial Assistance Program is available to help with funeral expenses of deceased recipients of Family Investment programs when their families can not afford funeral costs.